Topics

Virtual Comport Software

Tony

All:

Does anyone know of a virtual comport app (preferably freeware) that works with Windows 10 / 64?

Tony -K2MO

Neil Radicic

Tony,

I have tried the free ones and was frustrated and disappointed - I ultimately went with VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator) for my gateway with two radios and a serial/usb GPS all nicely integrated.  Its not free, but well worth the stability and ease of use for the price.

best,
Neil
KD7UHR

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Tony,

The "com0com" works well on Windows 32 machines. So it will probably work on W10 64 bits.

73
Patrick