Topics

VARA P2P

pat obrien

NEED HELP
I put the winlink in P2P, type a msg, connect with a station , but the message does not go out to the other station.
It works in all other modes pactor, ardop etc and sends messages, so must be doing something wrong but what NO idea.
Any suggestions?
tnx
POB/K8LEN

Ron

Pat,

Make sure that the message you send is a P2P type.

73, Ron NY3J

On 7/31/20 4:29 PM, pat obrien wrote:
NEED HELP
I put the winlink in P2P, type a msg, connect with a station , but the message does not go out to the other station.
It works in all other modes pactor, ardop etc and sends messages, so must be doing something wrong but what NO idea.
Any suggestions?
tnx
POB/K8LEN

Chiefsfan2

Make sure in the new message box under send as make sure that is marked for peer to peer. I did the same thingūüėÄ

On Jul 31, 2020, 16:01 -0500, Ron via groups.io <rwenig@...>, wrote:
Pat,

Make sure that the message you send is a P2P type.

73, Ron NY3J

On 7/31/20 4:29 PM, pat obrien wrote:
NEED HELP
I put the winlink in P2P, type a msg, connect with a station , but the message does not go out to the other station.
It works in all other modes pactor, ardop etc and sends messages, so must be doing something wrong but what NO idea.
Any suggestions?
tnx
POB/K8LEN

pat obrien

Tnx,it works  now,have a great weekend,
pat/k8len

Andrew OBrien

I had almost forgotten about P2P applications.  Will play with it some more .

Andy

On Aug 1, 2020, at 9:44 AM, pat obrien <2WR796@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅTnx,it works¬† now,have a great weekend,
pat/k8len

Andrew OBrien

Pat, I set up a P2P piece of mail for you . If others are interested I will be glad to set up P2P test messages for each station that puts VARA mode through its paces . ¬†The challenge is ... I am parked on 10 meters . 10 meters because I would like to see what speeds VARA can reach when 10 is ‚Äúopen‚ÄĚ. ¬† A generally quiet band . I am on 28150 center frequency (28138.5 dial ) Hopefully I have picked a frequency that complies with band plan.¬†

Andy K3UK

On Aug 1, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Andrew OBrien via groups.io <k3ukandy@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅI had almost forgotten about P2P applications. ¬†Will play with it some more .¬†

Andy

On Aug 1, 2020, at 9:44 AM, pat obrien <2WR796@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅTnx,it works¬† now,have a great weekend,
pat/k8len

Graham

Edited

Andy ,

What's the   p97  say about data and  FM on  10  meters  ?
used to be a  1200 packet  net on 29 something  using FM
many years  back, skip into  EU , vara FM would  fly on 10

73 -Graham

I’ll take a look but at this point looking to test same VARA speeds used on the usual HF bands.

Andy

On Aug 1, 2020, at 5:25 PM, Graham <g0nbd@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅ

[Edited Message Follows]

Andy ,

What's the   p97  say about data and  FM on  10  meters  ?
used to be a  1200 packet  net on 29 something  using FM
many years  back, skip into  EU , vara FM would  fly on 10

73 -Graham
g0nbd

pat obrien

HI GUYS;
P2P is running great here, have made some connects thru Pennsylvania, ILL with strong signals. I have tested it with W0LEN also on 60 meters channel 3, wow what a signal during day light hours on 60 meters, s9 plus.
I belong to a group called winlink p2p, a number of stations on experimenting for propagation, message  handling etc. Contact w0len for info.
ANDY have my receiver set up on 10 to connect, when the band opens, which if lucky , it seems to open daily at some time.
PAT/K8LEN

pat obrien

ANDY
I believe the  dial is 28.148.5, if my calculator is correct.
PAT/K8LEN

Andrew O'Brien

A typo, my dial is 28138.5 and center is 28140

Andy

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 9:36 AM pat obrien <2WR796@...> wrote:
ANDY
I believe the  dial is 28.148.5, if my calculator is correct.
PAT/K8LEN

RICK WESTERFIELD

I think I will dial you guys in ‚Äď here in northwest Louisiana . . . . who knows.¬† I might hear you.

Rick KH2DF