Topics

RMS Trimode and RMS Relay 'now support's forwarding via Vara #VARA

Graham

Note from the  Vara user group
Previously ,the vara modem , was not  included in the '' Forwarding '' facility .. this has been amended -

The current publicly-available, field-test versions of RMS Trimode and RMS Relay
now support forwarding via the Vara modem.

73
Jose
EA5HVK

Graham

From  vara  groups :-

With the release of Trimode version 1.3.30.0 and RMS Relay version 3.1.0.0,

Winlink now supports Vara for HF message forwarding.

Jose

EA5HVK

Andrew OBrien

I thought it always did this, no ?
Andy.

Graham

Apparently  not Andy

I must admit ,  its not  something  i've  been involved with,  little  or no call
in the  uk for the  function , since the  packet system's demise , e-mail
over radio , has given way to  web based .

- Some interesting  exchanges on the  Vara group . relating to the  latest
Vara-4 , which as well providing  faster throughput ... also  appears to  have
a narrow b/w   500 Hz  mode , no details yet, but, that  complies with the
usa mailbox forwarding b/w  requirements ..which  I assume was the
reason for  coding it

If it  retains the  mfsk-ofdm  format, then at  500 Hz b/w  that also
fits the  MF  ' suggested'  data b/w , MF emergency  comm's  was one
of the  'yet to  be  addressed' uses  ..

73 -Graham
G0NBD