Topics

Rigblaster jumpers for Icom 5100 ?

Andrew OBrien

Sholto and others, any idea if the Icom jumper supplied with the Rigblaster Advantage work with an Icom 5100 ?  I thought I had asked the question before but don't see anything in old emails.  Apologies if I am repeating myself! 

Andy. 

Sholto Fisher

Andy,

You want the one marked “Icom RJ-45 Modular”. If you don’t have that you can wire up the pattern manually. This one: http://www.westmountainradio.com/images/content/radio_db_diagrams/jumpers/6-1.gif

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:03 AM
To: main@digitalradio.groups.io
Subject: [digital-mode-radio] Rigblaster jumpers for Icom 5100 ?

Sholto and others, any idea if the Icom jumper supplied with the Rigblaster Advantage work with an Icom 5100 ?  I thought I had asked the question before but don't see anything in old emails.  Apologies if I am repeating myself! 

Andy. 

Andrew O'Brien

Thanks, I have that jumper.  I owe you a pint at The Swan .

Andy K3UK 

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:06 PM Sholto Fisher <sholto.fisher@...> wrote:

Andy,

You want the one marked “Icom RJ-45 Modular”. If you don’t have that you can wire up the pattern manually. This one: http://www.westmountainradio.com/images/content/radio_db_diagrams/jumpers/6-1.gif

Sholto

K7TMG

Andy. 

--
Andy

Sholto Fisher

That would be nice!

I went back last August for a quick visit to see my mom in Coniston. So much has changed I was shocked. Didn’t make it to the Swan but had a few pints at the Kirkstone Top and the Black Bull. I had forgotten how good real ale is.

Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [digital-mode-radio] Rigblaster jumpers for Icom 5100 ?

Andy K3UK 

Andy,

Sholto

K7TMG

Andy. 

--

Andy

Andrew OBrien

I was there in August also , went over to Sawry , saw the Newby Bridge sign and thought of you . Bowness shocked me , so many people ! Tattoo parlour right next to the steamer ticket office !  

I am busy looking for an RJ45 to 8 pin DIN cable . I cleaned my shack a few weeks ago and remember seeing one . Wondered what it was for . Not sure if it was the one that comes with an RBA , I thought it might have been part of my old Kenwood - Microkeyer cabling . 

Andy

On Apr 21, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Sholto Fisher <sholto.fisher@...> wrote:

That would be nice!

I went back last August for a quick visit to see my mom in Coniston. So much has changed I was shocked. Didn’t make it to the Swan but had a few pints at the Kirkstone Top and the Black Bull. I had forgotten how good real ale is.

Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:19 AM

Andy K3UK 

Andy,

Sholto

K7TMG

Andy. 

--

Andy

Andrew OBrien

Well, I found the old RJ45 cable I had.  It has a MALE 8-pin DIN on the other end. The RBA 8 pin round mic jack also has a male socket.  So I need a double female adapter like https://www.amazon.com/CERRXIAN-Speaker-Microphone-Control-Extension/dp/B07VD44KD3/ref=sr_1_9_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=din+female+to+female&qid=1587575709&sr=8-9-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUUw3S1g4Q1ZBNUEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0NTI5NzIyS0E4Nk5NWUxCNUJGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NTIxMzYyUTI5Q1FDSDBHRUJCJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Now I'm wondering if the old cable I have is wire in the same way RBA expects.

Andy K3UK 

Sholto Fisher

Andy,

It’s probably not wired the same way!

See the attached schematic for our cable.

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 10:24 AM

Well, I found the old RJ45 cable I had.  It has a MALE 8-pin DIN on the other end. The RBA 8 pin round mic jack also has a male socket.  So I need a double female adapter like https://www.amazon.com/CERRXIAN-Speaker-Microphone-Control-Extension/dp/B07VD44KD3/ref=sr_1_9_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=din+female+to+female&qid=1587575709&sr=8-9-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUUw3S1g4Q1ZBNUEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0NTI5NzIyS0E4Nk5NWUxCNUJGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NTIxMzYyUTI5Q1FDSDBHRUJCJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Now I'm wondering if the old cable I have is wire in the same way RBA expects.

Andy K3UK 

Andrew OBrien

My cable arrived but wired WAY differently than a Rigblaster expects

Rigblaster Spec                                 What I have
RJ45   DIN                                     RJ45   DIN female
1           8                                         1            4
2           7                                         2            6
3           6                                         3            1
4           5                                         4            7
5           4                                         5            5
6           3                                         6            8
7           2                                         7            3
8           1                                         8            2        

I'll see if I can splice in the middle, rather than attempt to solder....  my eyes can't handle DIN plugs anymore. My soldering was never good anyway.

Andy K3UK