Topics

New frequencies for FT8

Andrew OBrien

FYI, in case you have not heard (or experienced).  With the new release of WSJTX NEW frequencies are provided as suggested operating areas for FT8.  Several taking them closer to tradition PSK31, Olivia, Thor suggested frequencies.  I don't have big problems with it, but some are already sqawking 

Andy K3UK 

Sholto Fisher

Andy,

Is there somewhere on the web showing the new proposed frequencies?

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: main@digitalradio.groups.io <main@digitalradio.groups.io> on behalf of Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:14:04 AM
To: main@digitalradio.groups.io <main@digitalradio.groups.io>
Subject: [digital-mode-radio] New frequencies for FT8

FYI, in case you have not heard (or experienced).  With the new release of WSJTX NEW frequencies are provided as suggested operating areas for FT8.  Several taking them closer to tradition PSK31, Olivia, Thor suggested frequencies.  I don't have big problems with it, but some are already sqawking 

Andy K3UK 

Rick Ellison

On the list of changes for the next release on the WSJT webaite..

"On a trial basis, and in response to numerous suggestions from around the world, we have added a second set of suggested dial frequencies for FT8 on three HF bands and also on 6 meters. The new suggested dial frequencies are 7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz."

I try to do at least 3 evenings a week on PSK31 and 63 along with MFSK on or about 14.071 This will effect that whole area..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: main@digitalradio.groups.io [mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sholto Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@digitalradio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [digital-mode-radio] New frequencies for FT8

Andy,

Sholto

K7TMG

From: main@digitalradio.groups.io <main@digitalradio.groups.io> on behalf of Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

Andy K3UK 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Sholto Fisher

Rick,

Yes I can imagine that’s really going to impact anyone who wants to operate digital modes like PSK31 and MFSK. It’s a pity because I’ve been seeing more and more PSK31 activity recently.

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:08 AM

"On a trial basis, and in response to numerous suggestions from around the world, we have added a second set of suggested dial frequencies for FT8 on three HF bands and also on 6 meters. The new suggested dial frequencies are 7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz."

I try to do at least 3 evenings a week on PSK31 and 63 along with MFSK on or about 14.071 This will effect that whole area..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: main@digitalradio.groups.io [mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sholto Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:59 PM

Andy,

Sholto

K7TMG

Andy K3UK 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

I regularly have QSOs in the "Olivia" area and have FT8 dropping on top of me. Many times I can only decode when I switch to LSB! So yes, I am not happy with that situation.

73, tom w7sua

On 5/26/2020 8:14 AM, Andrew OBrien wrote:
Andy K3UK

Does not help that Flex seems to advertise using their amp with FT8.

tom w7sua

On 5/26/2020 10:07 AM, Rick Ellison wrote:
73 Rick N2AMG
*From:* main@digitalradio.groups.io [mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Sholto Fisher
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:59 PM
*To:* main@digitalradio.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [digital-mode-radio] New frequencies for FT8
Andy,
Sholto
K7TMG
Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:*main@digitalradio.groups.io <mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io> <main@digitalradio.groups.io <mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io>> on behalf of Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@... <mailto:k3ukandy@...>>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:14:04 AM
*To:* main@digitalradio.groups.io <mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io> <main@digitalradio.groups.io <mailto:main@digitalradio.groups.io>>
*Subject:* [digital-mode-radio] New frequencies for FT8
Andy K3UK
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>