Topics

Instructional Videos

abners@...

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get instructional videos for the software and also tips in general?

Thanks

Jeff Moore

It might be helpful if you tell us what software you are referring to.   There's a lot of digital mode software out there.  That info will help with tips also.

7  3
Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM <abners@...> wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get instructional videos for the software and also tips in general?

Thanks

Graham

Edited

There are quite a few 'videos on data modes, 
on  ' you tube'  just search  by the name 

Content's are varied , but, most demonstrate
Use or setting get up , Andy published some
How to guides in the past, these may help 

73 Graham
G0nbd

Andrew O'Brien

This is a good video to start for digital modes in general

Andy K3UK

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM Graham <g0nbd@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

There are quite a few 'videos on data modes, 
on  ' you tube'  just search  by the name 

Content's are varied , but, most demonstrate
Use or setting get up , Andy published some
How to guides in the past, these may help 

73 Graham
G0nbd

--
Andy

Tony

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get instructional videos for the software and also tips in general? Thanks

Digital mode identification is something that's often overlooked. This video sheds some light on that subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkz0GNpA0I

Tony -K2MO

Tom DF5JL

Youtube. 

Am 21.05.2020 03:17 schrieb abners@...:

Hi,

Thanks

Andrew O'Brien

As I have often stated in this group, the art of signal recognition can be greatly enhanced by :
1. Frequency the signal is using
2. Width of the signal 
3. Waveform of the signal
4. Sound the signal makes 

Spend some time learning those 4 things as they apply to the various modes and about 80% of the time your eyes and ears will assist you brain in identifying the signal within 2-4 seconds of seeing/hearing it.

If you can discern Oasis from The Beatles , Def Leopard from Guns N Roses , Coldplay from Radiohead or Arcade Fire from The Killers , you can discern the subtleties of ham digital modes . Ute digital modes are another matter !  

Andy K3UK 

On May 21, 2020, at 3:09 PM, Tom DF5JL <df5jl@...> wrote:

Youtube. 

Am 21.05.2020 03:17 schrieb abners@...:

Hi,

Thanks