Topics

Ham Radio Deluxe Logging with FT4

Tony

All:

I've been using HRD to log all WSJT-X contacts in the HRD logbook. It works fine for all modes, but I've noticed that my FT4 contacts are being logged as MFSK.

I used the the HRD mode editor to add FT4 to the list of modes yet the problem still exists. The WSJT-X logging window shows FT4 in the mode field, but it winds up as MFSK in the HRD log.

Any ideas?

Tony -K2MO

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've been using HRD to log all WSJT-X contacts in the HRD logbook. It works fine for all modes, but I've noticed that my FT4 contacts are being logged as MFSK.

I used the the HRD mode editor to add FT4 to the list of modes yet the problem still exists. The WSJT-X logging window shows FT4 in the mode field, but it winds up as MFSK in the HRD log.

Any ideas?

+ The ADIF representation for FT4 is

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Tony

Dave:

+ The ADIF representation for FT4 is <MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4
Understand the designation, but notice how FT8 is logged in HRD (see attached). It shows FT8 as the mode while FT4 shows up as MFSK.

Good to hear from you - hope all is well.

Tony -K2MO

On 12/4/2019 2:24 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I've been using HRD to log all WSJT-X contacts in the HRD logbook. It works fine for all modes, but I've noticed that my FT4 contacts are being logged as MFSK.

I used the the HRD mode editor to add FT4 to the list of modes yet the problem still exists. The WSJT-X logging window shows FT4 in the mode field, but it winds up as MFSK in the HRD log.

Any ideas?

+ The ADIF representation for FT4 is

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

* AA6YQ comments below

+ The ADIF representation for FT4 is <MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4
Understand the designation, but notice how FT8 is logged in HRD (see attached). It shows FT8 as the mode while FT4 shows up as MFSK.

* The ADIF representation for FT8 is

<MODE:3>FT8

* Yes, the two representations are inconsistent, but that's irrelevant from every perspective except aesthetics.

* What is specified in ADIF is what logging applications must implement if they wish to provide their users with the ability to interchange QSO information.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

David [kg5eiu]

Hi Tony,

I am also using HRD to log and until the next release HRD will logging will show MFSK - when the QSO gets sent over from WSJTX into the HRD log.
Here is how I am dealing  with it.

in HRD setup (I am running 6.6.0.236) setup under Tools--->Configure--->Modes  add a FT4 mode and ADIF definition as FT4

as you collect log entries in HRD select them and then More--->Bulk Editor-->Any Fields
click on the Field TAB in that window and then select Add Field and in that window select the Mode and in the List box select FT4
save it all out THEN proceed to upload to the cloud logs, eQSL, QRZ, LoTW etc etc.

Tony

David:

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for HRD updates.

Tony -K2MO