Topics

FIXED Windows audio playing when transmitting ? #Software

Andrew OBrien

I finally have things back to normal...  the odd fix ?  Changing the transmit audio path in the digital mode software FROM USB AUDIO Codec to the PC speakers (just for the heck of it) , noting that made no difference, then after I put USB Audio Codec back in... it started working.  I can not play Windows sounds via the speakers without going out over the air.  What an oddity.

Andy

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:57 PM Andrew OBrien via Groups.Io <k3ukandy=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Oliver, when I do that... the audio from digital mode software plays through the PC speakers NOT the radio. This is despite having the digital mode software set to use the USB Audio Codec.

Andy K3UK

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 7:59 PM Oliver D <km6dmf@...> wrote:
Andy,

Just right-click on on your Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Now select Set as Default Communications Device
The green check mark will now only be on Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) and the Speakers (2-USB Audio CODEC) will no longer have a green checkmark.

Hope this helps.

73,
Oliver K6OLI

Graham

That's  good news,  Andy,   I'm finding , with  win-7 , that  unless  the  ic7100  is  powered on, the  audio  drivers  are  not  in the  list of  audio  devices ,

ie , open the  data  prog  and there  is  no  radio listed  ,  press  tune , and no tx tone ,
cat is functioning , but audio  has been  routed to  another  device ,

Close prog ,  radio  on first ,  then  works  normally

fairly  sure ,  win-xp  retained  all  devices ....