Topics

European PSK on 40m ? PSK that dead ?

Andrew OBrien

I have not heard any PSK from Europe on 40m here in the USA for a long time . So I looked via PSKreporter and found no reported signals for the two hour period that I specified . Then I checked DX Watch specifying PSK31 as the mode . Nothing for several days , world wide ! PSK31 can’t be that dead , people not reporting it to spot sources anymore?

Andy K3UK

Tom DF5JL

Andi,

PSK31 is as good as dead in Europe. It is true.

73 Tom DF5JL
DARC HF Manager

Am 04. Jan.. 2021 um 03:34 schrieb Andrew OBrien:

I have not heard any PSK from Europe on 40m here in the USA for a long time . So I looked via PSKreporter and found no reported signals for the two hour period that I specified . Then I checked DX Watch specifying PSK31 as the mode . Nothing for several days , world wide ! PSK31 can’t be that dead , people not reporting it to spot sources anymore?

I spent a day monitoring 40M and 20m.  PSK31 on 14070 is still moderately active.  Typically 4-5 QSO at any given time.  Still, a lot less than the days of 20-30 QSOs at the same time. I worked Europe this morning with my QRP rig.
40M is pretty barren.  I heard no stations at all around 7041 but 2-3 were reported on PSKreporter, from Europe. In general, however, the 7040 area was totally quiet last night, no PSK heard here, no CW , no FT4.
Andy K3UK

M0PWX

for me, i see 7.042 as RTTY only, and 14.070 as mainly PSK31

the other issue i see is certainly on 7.042 i regularly see and hear  SSB voice  QSO's taking place

peter

2E0PWX

On Tue, 05/01/2021 14:41, Andrew OBrien wrote:
I spent a day monitoring 40M and 20m.  PSK31 on 14070 is still moderately active.  Typically 4-5 QSO at any given time.  Still, a lot less than the days of 20-30 QSOs at the same time. I worked Europe this morning with my QRP rig.
40M is pretty barren.  I heard no stations at all around 7041 but 2-3 were reported on PSKreporter, from Europe. In general, however, the 7040 area was totally quiet last night, no PSK heard here, no CW , no FT4.

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/

Andrew OBrien

I left my radio on 7041 last night but had the Multipsk software hunting for any RS-ID over a couple of kHz range.  I picked up some Thor traffic from the USA around 1300 UTC on

Andy,

Setting just 'psk' in the map , produces a large number of qso'a
Spread over the hf bands ..

73 Graham
G0nbd