WAS in 3-4 hours

Andrew OBrien

Worked 50 states in one evening! Well, "worked" is not exactly the case. Received by all 50 states is more accurate . Still fascinating. I was not trying to do it. I just happened to get on a roll mainly working DX on 30, 20, and 40M. FT4 and FT8 . When I had had enough I checked the map of reception reports , zooming in I could not see any state that had not received me this evening. There were a few states where only one station received me (Delaware, Alaska , Hawaii, New Mexico, North Dakota) . Homemade wire antennas . 70 watts.

michel soldevila

Hi Andrew,
Sorry to be rude, but it's your computer, which can work 24/7, which has been received in 50 states.
73, Michel (F1GOC)

Andrew OBrien

and the antenna

On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM michel soldevila <michel.soldevila@...> wrote:
Hi Andrew,
Sorry to be rude, but it's your computer, which can work 24/7, which has been received in 50 states.
73, Michel (F1GOC)

Graham

Tis the  modern way )

This is Opera op2 dong the  same  thing  10 years  ago ,  on a world wide basis  with less  power and  only taking a  few  Hz
bandwidth

But to be fair , English is a  fun language especially if you  add  in a  touch of the  north

  "worked" is not exactly the case  , actually  implies   the  opposite to  the  literal  interpretation of  worked

No photo description available.

Tony

Andrew OBrian wrote:

Worked 50 states in one evening! Well, "worked" is not exactly the case. Received by all 50 states is more accurate .
Nice job Andy. I bet you can do that again if you use the same band-hopping method to help fill-in the skip zones. Maybe try 80 meters this time to score the states that are closest to you.

Tony -K2MO