Time for MMTTY replacement?

Andrew OBrien

Perhaps I should stick to the the adage “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. MMMTY still remains the de facto RTTY software via implementation of the MMTTY “engine”. I remember when Mako was a member of this group and I actually wrote the English help file , hitherto everything was in Japanese.

Over the years MMTTY has had a few tweaks and some nice filter settings added to it . However , after setting up MMTTY with a new radio recently , it seems that the configuration process seems awfully dated and not at all intuitive. I think it’s about 19-20 years since MMTTY came out . I’m surprised no one else has come up with something new .

Andy