Dstar on 14340: Weird.

Andrew O'Brien

Having acquired a HF radio capable of doing Dstar , I thought I would listen to the popular 14340 calling frequency. What a strange group . It seems they have adopted the same rugby scrum method used by satellite amateur enthusiasts, perhaps mixed with a little CB behavior. Very quick calling and responding and every word said twice . People calling CQ on top of each other . Surely they can do better than this ?

Andy K3uk

Andy

This particular net is a propagation test. As the bands improve other, traditional nets should emerge.