Interfacing an FT2500M ? #PTT_Issues #yaesu

Andrew OBrien

A local new ham has asked for assistance in setting up Fldigi for use with his only 2M radio , an FT2500M. He will experiment with the various Fldigi modes using FM. I can help him with most aspects of Fldigi but I have no knowledge about building an interface that would handle audio tones in and out of the rig , nor any rig control or PTT circuits.  Anyone have knowledge I this?  I'm assuming the manual will have some info but have no looked at a manual yet.
Andy K3UK

Sholto Fisher

Andy,

If he doesn’t feel like homebrewing an interface he might look at the RIGblaster Nomic which comes with cables that will fit the FT-2500M and includes a usb sound card dongle for $69.95

Nomic - http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=nomicu_comp_usb

Hook up diagram - http://www.westmountainradio.com/rigblaster-diagram.php?rb=D-959&brand=Yaesu&model=FT-2500M

Full disclosure: I work for West Mountain Radio but the Nomic is a very inexpensive way to get on digital modes.

73

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent from Mail for Windows 10