Topics

Mode ID #UNID

Sholto Fisher

Been hearing some narrow mfsk signals on 30m (approx 10141) this evening.
Thought it might be DominoEX/Thor "Micro" but no decode in either. Any ideas?

73

Sholto
K7TMG

Art Roberts

Sounds like it might be FT8, a new mode that is being tested.

73 es DX

Art
W1AER

--
Art Roberts W1AER
Tariffville, CT  FN31ov

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced!

Ian_Wade_G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>

Hi Sholto

Could it be Contestia?

Ian, G3NRW
g3nrw@...

***** TS-590 Family Resources Page: http://g3nrw.net/TS-590

On 06/07/2017 04:31, sholto.fisher@... wrote:
Been hearing some narrow mfsk signals on 30m (approx 10141) this evening.
Thought it might be DominoEX/Thor "Micro" but no decode in either. Any ideas?

73

Sholto
K7TMG

Mike Tarnowsky

It was probably the feldhell net that operates around 10.141 Wednesday nite/Thursday 1200 UTC.
Try it , you might like it. Mike T. WB2YJS

Sent from my iPad

Sholto Fisher

I think you're right Art. FT8 matches the modulation I was seeing/hearing. I'll have to get up to speed with it.

It definitely wasn't Contestia or Feld Hell. The minimum b/w of Contestia is 125Hz and Feld Hell I think is around 340Hz and sounds quite different from mfsk.

73

Sholto
K7TMG

Graham

Sholto,

I think you  have  found , one of the  ROS-MF mode ,  phantom  qso's  on HF , that  show  on the  psk-reporter as  either 476 or 136 KHz  ..

To decode,  need  one of the  old  versions of  ROS , that  have the  MF modes , the  same  issue as  displayed on the  psk-map .. To decode , select  either 136 or 476 KHz bands  and the  mode  is  selected ,

Worth re-visiting, when 477 is  released,  the  MF mode  2 and 7 , where developed for  MF and have  extended  FEC overlap times to counter the  log 'qsb' periods , phase continuous  mfsk  modulation, suited to  non-linear tx , no time locking  , mf-7  same  rate as  psk31  and  -12 dB lower s/n  , mf-2  s/n  similar to  wspr-2 , but  is free  running  qso  mode.

73-Graham
G0NBD

Andrew O'Brien

Not FT8?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:31 PM, sholto.fisher@... wrote:

Been hearing some narrow mfsk signals on 30m (approx 10141) this evening.
Thought it might be DominoEX/Thor "Micro" but no decode in either. Any ideas?

73

Sholto
K7TMG
<unid.png>

Sholto Fisher

Yes it was FT8. Been using it the last few days and it’s a lot of fun. Not sure how I feel about the auto sequence mode but I suppose it’s not that different from an automatic bbs.

I think we’re going to see this mode supplant jt65/jt9 and used for dxpeditions/contests.

73

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Been hearing some narrow mfsk signals on 30m (approx 10141) this evening.
Thought it might be DominoEX/Thor "Micro" but no decode in either. Any ideas?

73

Sholto
K7TMG
<unid.png>

Graham

May be  not  then,  still looking  for the  HF  qrg's  then ..

Looks very similar

G,