Re :Re: [digitalradio] QRA64 in eQSL

Team-SIM SIM-Mode

Hello Stand,
SIM31 was very different from psk31, its based on new concept called structured integrated message wich send all message +setting at once instead of character by character to improve robustness and spead at the same time . This new concept can be applicated on many modulation shapes  psk, qpsk,msk, fsk, mfsk cw ...etc
In other words, What is the difference between jt9, jt65, mfsk, olivia, contestia, qra65 and many other based mfsk modulations? They are all mfsk principal modulation only bandwidth and binary coding shem are different , they are considered as distingwich modes ...
Other thought: submode field are added to adif convention since 2012, five years later no one use it, and may be true for some other 10 years again, so puting SIM31 as a submode means freez it for 15 years before possible extented exchanges, in other side qra64 and msk144   are a very new modes but they are alreafy included in all wide word logbooks!!!
Thanks ,

Le mar., févr. 28, 2017 à 13:52, Stan Zawrotny
<k4sbz.stan@...> a écrit :
Is Sim31 really a different mode or just an implementation of of PSK31?

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."

brian carling <af4k@...>

One of the reasons why it has become SO difficult to make a QSO with anyone on the OTHER digital modes

apart from JT65, JT9, PSK31 and RTTY is because of the EXTREME large number of OTHER modes we have now.

I love reading about SIM-31, Olivia, MFSK16, MT63, PSK63, QRA64, FSQ, Feld Hellschreiber, etc. etc. ad infinitum, BUT we can no longer find each other in the current tower of babble in which every station "Speaks a different Mode!"

I have used many of these modes, but it is no longer viable unless you are willing to make a sched or hunt for hours

with some of these modes.

So you are forced to choose JT modes = no conversation.

RTTY = fading and errors

PSK31 = fading and errors

What a pity when there are so many better modes that are not very popular.Am I alone in noticing this?

Bry AF4K

Bob NW8L

I can only speak for myself but I don't have to work very hard to strike up a QSO on Olivia, which seems to be a fairly common mode in my experience. Almost all of the contacts I make with fldigi use Olivia or Contestia.

Bob NW8L

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, brian carling wrote:

[...]
_._,_._,_

Team-SIM SIM-Mode

Hello to all and Brian Carling,

OK Brian, but  SIM31 users in Europe  never suffer for SIM31 popularity, SIM31 was already very populair in Europe since few years ago (see for example yesterday activity in this attached map with very weak propagation) , They suffer only from the lack of accomodation of the  ADIF standard, indeed ADIF recognizes SIM31 after several years of delay as a submode and not as much as a mode, which will hampers these exchanges Log for a fifteen years in total, this waiting That Logbooks+weblogs apply the submode field in their systems, unlike the MSK144 and QRA64 which are immediately recognized as modes and already active in all Logbooks and weblogs.

Thanks  73's   Team_SIM31.

Le Mercredi 15 mars 2017 3h00, Bob NW8L <nw8l@...> a écrit :

I can only speak for myself but I don't have to work very hard to strike
up a QSO on Olivia, which seems to be a fairly common mode in my
experience. Almost all of the contacts I make with fldigi use Olivia or
Contestia.

Bob NW8L

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, brian carling wrote:

> One of the reasons why it has become SO difficult to make a QSO with anyone on the OTHER digital modes
>
> apart from JT65, JT9, PSK31 and RTTY is because of the EXTREME large number of OTHER modes we have now.
>

> I love reading about SIM-31, Olivia, MFSK16, MT63, PSK63, QRA64, FSQ, Feld Hellschreiber, etc. etc. ad infinitum,
> BUT we can no longer find each other in the current tower of babble in which every station "Speaks a different
> Mode!"
>
> I have used many of these modes, but it is no longer viable unless you are willing to make a sched or hunt for hours
>
> with some of these modes.
>

> So you are forced to choose JT modes = no conversation.
>
> RTTY = fading and errors
>
> PSK31 = fading and errors
>

> What a pity when there are so many better modes that are not very popular.Am I alone in noticing this?
>

> Bry AF4K
>

> _._,_._,_

Team-SIM SIM-Mode

Le Mercredi 15 mars 2017 7h58, Team-SIM SIM-Mode via Groups.Io <sim31_team@...> a écrit :

Hello to all and Brian Carling,

OK Brian, but  SIM31 users in Europe  never suffer for SIM31 popularity, SIM31 was already very populair in Europe since few years ago (see for example yesterday activity in this attached map with very weak propagation) , They suffer only from the lack of accomodation of the  ADIF standard, indeed ADIF recognizes SIM31 after several years of delay as a submode and not as much as a mode, which will hampers these exchanges Log for a fifteen years in total, this waiting That Logbooks+weblogs apply the submode field in their systems, unlike the MSK144 and QRA64 which are immediately recognized as modes and already active in all Logbooks and weblogs.

Thanks  73's   Team_SIM31.

Le Mercredi 15 mars 2017 3h00, Bob NW8L <nw8l@...> a écrit :

I can only speak for myself but I don't have to work very hard to strike
up a QSO on Olivia, which seems to be a fairly common mode in my
experience. Almost all of the contacts I make with fldigi use Olivia or
Contestia.

Bob NW8L

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, brian carling wrote:

> One of the reasons why it has become SO difficult to make a QSO with anyone on the OTHER digital modes
>
> apart from JT65, JT9, PSK31 and RTTY is because of the EXTREME large number of OTHER modes we have now.
>

> I love reading about SIM-31, Olivia, MFSK16, MT63, PSK63, QRA64, FSQ, Feld Hellschreiber, etc. etc. ad infinitum,
> BUT we can no longer find each other in the current tower of babble in which every station "Speaks a different
> Mode!"
>
> I have used many of these modes, but it is no longer viable unless you are willing to make a sched or hunt for hours
>
> with some of these modes.
>

> So you are forced to choose JT modes = no conversation.
>
> RTTY = fading and errors
>
> PSK31 = fading and errors
>

> What a pity when there are so many better modes that are not very popular.Am I alone in noticing this?
>

> Bry AF4K

Stan K4SBZ

Also unless they have turned RSIS on, by the time you have identified the mode, they have moved on.

We need software that can quickly identify digital modes, with or without RSID on. That would do wonders to broaden the acceptance of more diverse modes.