WSJTX Guide .. how obsolete ? #JT65 #Software

Andrew O'Brien

I wrote this quick guide , http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html ,  when WSJTX was new (as opposed to my guide for plain WSJT ) .  I still receive thank you notes about the guide but it is surely way out of date.  I have not kept up with WSJTX as much as i should, what is WAY out of date in my guide ?

Andy K3UK

Robert

What is the best link to set time at.

Robert-WA6MBL

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2017, at 10:35 AM, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

I wrote this quick guide , http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html ,  when WSJTX was new (as opposed to my guide for plain WSJT ) .  I still receive thank you notes about the guide but it is surely way out of date.  I have not kept up with WSJTX as much as i should, what is WAY out of date in my guide ?

Andy K3UK

w4lde

Robert,
Try Dimension4 or BT time sync by I think IZ2BTK, both free and work great.

I sync with WWV over the web

Good luck
73 de Ron W4LDE

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2017, at 2:13 PM, Robert via Groups.Io <rit001@...> wrote:

What is the best link to set time at.

Robert-WA6MBL

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2017, at 10:35 AM, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

I wrote this quick guide , http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html ,  when WSJTX was new (as opposed to my guide for plain WSJT ) .  I still receive thank you notes about the guide but it is surely way out of date.  I have not kept up with WSJTX as much as i should, what is WAY out of date in my guide ?

Andy K3UK

Mike Tarnowsky

Hello Andy, I reread your idiots, sorry, old codger guide v1.1. Still informative. I noticed the section on bolshevik prevention about 'Id after 73' as in 'R TU VA 73'. I wonder how many do not do that. I will check mine. I thinking may be that there were at least three call sign exchanges in an eight minute period so that will suffice. Then I remembered reading in 1965 that you are supposed to ID at the end of our qso. Thats weird because I do it for all my other modes but not when I use that 73 type close in JT modes. All my closes are now fixed, thanks. TU GL 73 <ID>
Mike T., WB2YJS

Sent from my iPad