: What is the best JT65 download for a beginner ? #JT65 #NOOBE

Andrew O'Brien

I would say that HF-JT65 is easier to understand and set up as a noobe, however its development has stopped.  WSJT-X has a steeper learning curve but is the Ferrari of the JT modes.  can';t go wrong with a ham radio app developed by a Nobel Prize winner.

Andy K3UK

DXer <hfdxmonitor@...>

Hi Andy,

I stopped using JT65-HF a long time ago, but I don't remember it being any easier, or harder, than WSJT-X. Were you maybe thinking of WSJT? That's what made me go to JT65-HF at the time.

In my opinion, WSJT-X has three major advantages over the competition. The new decoder in v1.7 is superior, not only in terms of sensitivity, but also in decoding multiple signals on the very same frequency.

The second advantage, is that you can operate both JT65 and JT9 on the same screen.

Third, by using split, you don't need to worry about being on the edges of the radio bandpass, and seeing your power decrease.

73 de Vince, VA3VF