#JS8call HMMM... not sure about this #JS8call

Andrew OBrien

So I finally got around to trying JS8Call tonight.  Nice work by the author but still seems like a lot of work to send a few characters at a time. Useful for experiments though.
Andy K3UK

Steinar LA5VNA

Hi Andy

I find it easy to use an really fun to play with. Now, I am able to have
a keyboard to keyboard qso with my friends in Australia almost every
day. I am a slow writer so the speed is no problem for me :)

I am qrv on 14078 almost everyday for a try :)

LA5VNA Steinar

Den 29.11.2018 04:41, skrev Andrew OBrien:
So I finally got around to trying JS8Call tonight.  Nice work by the
author but still seems like a lot of work to send a few characters at a
time. Useful for experiments though.

I will look for you on 20M today Steinar. Probably around 1400 UTC.
Andy K3UK.

On Nov 29, 2018, at 7:23 AM, Steinar LA5VNA <la5vna@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Andy

I find it easy to use an really fun to play with. Now, I am able to have
a keyboard to keyboard qso with my friends in Australia almost every
day. I am a slow writer so the speed is no problem for me :)

I am qrv on 14078 almost everyday for a try :)

LA5VNA Steinar

Den 29.11.2018 04:41, skrev Andrew OBrien:
So I finally got around to trying JS8Call tonight. Nice work by the
author but still seems like a lot of work to send a few characters at a
time. Useful for experiments though.
Andy K3UK

Richard Berry

I agree with Andy.  I've been on and off with JS8Call so far and am waiting for it to mature.  If I can make it as easy as my PSK setup on DM780 where I have macros set up in the order used in a QSO and accessible in a toolbar with one click, I'll use it more.  Jordan is doing a fantastic job rolling this out, but it needs a bit more ease of use and efficiency for widespread acceptance.  I still don't appreciate the need for three receiving panes - seems like a lot of distraction.  I'd like one of the panes to be strictly for my current QSO.  The greatest attraction at the moment is reliability in poor band conditions.  When propagation returns use of the other digital modes will resume.  JS8Call will have to provide a significant advantage to compete.

Dick
KF5SA

Andrew OBrien

Steinar ,  I had an issue with JS8Call software today, lost the audio paths … no signal in waterfall , odd.  All other digital mode software working well with same audio paths.  So I missed you at my station but did see your heartbeat when remotely operating W3VG in Pennsylvania. So there was a path this morning on 20M.  I am running the software on a different PC this afternoon, so am QRV 20M now.
Andy K3UK