Topics

[BPQ32] RE: [ardop_users] W6IDS Gateway Is Down For The Count This Time

W6IDS <w6ids@...>

Hello Jerry,

As a matter of fact, you can.  You go in through the Control Panel.  You can view the Update History, then select the Update(s) desired, then  select "Uninstall" and wait.  You do it for each Update.  Doing that now and just now uninstalled the 5/17 Update. Now, rebooting and will then go in and do another one.  Intend to go back to 5/9 Update.  Started this about 45 minutes ago on a whim, just in case.

Never tried this before - of course, wasn't desperate either <GRIN>.  My bad, I tended to regard Updates like bundles of "NITRO" - with caution.  I did try to do a recovery to an earlier Set Point  but failed as I mentioned.

Hopeful at this point.  I am turning off the Update process at some point here too.

BTW. Doug VE5DCP mentioned the same thing in another message. So, looks like I'm on target here - and for Doug, I agree. . . . we Users are nothing less than Guinea Pigs by George.  Doug also mentioned that he "turned off windows updates in services.msc table" in his message.  I'm going to get into that as well.

The only shaky thing is knowing enough to intelligently select how the Updates are chosen and applied.  What I do know is that the Updates are just killing me for their own sake and I need to get a grip on that.  These periodic system failures have gone on long enough for me.

Howard W6IDS

On 5/22/2018 10:25 PM, n9lya@... [BPQ32] wrote:
Howard can you go in to your update history see the name and date of what
all was updated then go to add remove programs and uninstall that update?
Just a guess what. I have never done that.. But I think it can be done.
It sounds like you already tried something similar? Or the restore may have
made that no longer available.. Just a thought.. I only know how to stop
WIN10 from updating and sending my info to MS.. Via their virus known as WIN
10.. lol.. And when and only when I want to do an update will it do one. I
have total control! 73 Jerry N9LYA

73 Jerry N9LYA