Re: OK , Gridtracker it is then !

Sholto Fisher

Hi Andy,

Do you do any JS8Call? Seems like a lot of people do that for a break from FT8.

Sholto
K7TMG

On 7/22/2022 2:32 PM, Andrew OBrien wrote:
OK , Gridtracker it is then !
Over the last year my interest in amateur radio has waxed and waned . I sold a few HF radios , gave up running the WSJTX group for Joe Taylor and crew, MOSTLY stopped using FT8, did not chase DX seriously , and what activity I did do was QRP CW and experimental digital modes . I think I had a period of 2-3 months where Iistened only .
Within the last couple of months my interest has increased and I bought a new radio , built an antenna or two. I have been trying to decide where my focus should be , emcomm, DXing , nets , POTA, CW only . While thinking about this, I had a thought about my views last year that JTlerts and Gridtracker were the bane of amateur radio . My thoughts were that they have turned some people in to  “ham snobs”, making it easy for them to only conduct QSOs with people they have never contacted before .