Re: New VARA HF released 4-3-0 #VARA

Siegfried Jackstien

hmm .. its a tad bit wide to be used on qo100 ;-) ... ok ok its vara HF ... not vara shf hi hi

100 to 2900 ... sure can you set that in your sdr setup (example a pluto) ... but we should not use more as 2.7 there ... hmmm

on the other hand there are stations splattering as wide as a barn door so as long as we keep it linear and not splattering then i guess nobody would moan about using 2.9kc ...

wow ... not bad ... 8.5k in a 2.9 kc wide channel ...

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 02.01.2021 um 14:54 schrieb Graham:

New VARA HF released  4-3-0

New for  2021 ,  additional  2750 Hz bandwidth  mode added  to the  VARA  family
utilising available  bandwidth,  maximum rate is  increased to 8489  Bps in 2750 Hz
centered on 1500 Hz mid point  tone.

The  Modem architecture , being optimised to maximise the  available bandwidth
with  new  carrier number's / bps rate  combinations, all the  facilities of the  VARA
system are maintained , monitor , chat module, bps , and  winlink connectivity.

Note the  level numbers are, then, not directly related

Compatibility with  existing  installations is  maintained  , by automatic
mode detection , as  per  existing 2300 <>500  mode  switching .

Rig compatibility ,  ic7300  may be  directly  set  to the  required b/w, where  as the  ic7100   , requires the  use of the  SSB voice
non  standard  bandwidth  settings  of 100 Hz <> 2900 Hz , further  details are  contained in the  pdf documentation

73 -Graham