How to install VARA HF on Kubuntu on WINE - Need help ! #WinLink #RMSexpress #VARA #ros #varim

Serge Robitaille

Hi,

I struggling with installing RMSExpress and Vara. Winlink.org points to K6ETA instructions that for some reasons works for installing RMSExpress but does not for VARA (Vara does not launches...looks like its missing instruction on installing vara.exe ?!).

So I used WINE to run the VARA Installation download...now I can launch Vara but it stops immediately with the err (see attachment).

Ultimately, I would like to install vARIM but I have to get VARA working first...then I will need to figure out how to compile vRIM for my Kubuntu 20.04 64bits box !

Any hints anyone ?