Re: VARA FM settings for Icom ID-5100 #VARA

Scott Currie

The ID-5100 is a V/UHF dual band FM/D-Star transceiver. It does not have an internal sound card. I'm not even convinced it has much, if any, CAT support. So really not sure why you would need this support from Vara FM.

Also, as to your comment about the internal sound card for other wide B/W modes, this is also not true. On the IC-7100 for example, the internal sound card is limited to about 3kHz B/W, not near good enough for Vara FM Wide. I have tested this and it fails miserably, however, using an external device like a DRA, and setting the external rate to "9600", it then performs fine on Vara FM Wide.

For HF digital, the internal card is fine, and it also works OK for Vara FM Narrow mode.

-Scott, NS7C