Re: digital modes on 2m 70cm

KD7JYK DM09

but I did see a video latest week showing the drift briefly caused by a plane when using WSPR
Doppler shift of the signal bouncing off the craft, or sudden uncontrolled skewing of the crafts flight path when passing through one of a billion RF carriers?

As for RF drift, yes, the basis of "radar". The earliest I've heard noted was the 1920's, when craft, and broadcasts, were becoming more common, although it was noted that RF signals bounced off of metal objects in the late 1880's, with increasing experimentation until the creation of functional radar in the mid-30's.

Kurt