Re: New digital mode PS-18 (HF pager) from DXsoft and Radial, or we invented APRS again :-)

Sergei Podstrigailo

Hello Chiefsfan2,

Monday, September 28, 2020, 8:36:05 AM, you wrote:

C> Sergei. Is this compatible with hfpager?

Yes, surely.

C> And can u give a little more info
C> about aprs gate. Does it have a English help file.

Sorry, English help is not made yet.

You are welcome to use Google translate and ask me about details :-)

Shortly, AprsGate forwards HF Pager "beacons" with coordinates to APRS-IS server as "Position" or "Object" packets.

"Position" packet is sent if a beacon text starts with tag like

#;N0CALL-12;

Beacons without coordinates and general messages which have such tag, are forwarded as "Status" packets.

--
Best regards,
Sergei mailto:amx2@dxsoft.com

Windows HAM radio software at http://www.dxsoft.com