Re: Whats new in VARA 4 ? #VARA #qrp

Andrew OBrien

I think FT8 and FT4 have shown that wide adoption of a digital mode is achieved when popular awards , like DXCC , are associated with use of the mode . If , for some odd reason, ARRL developed an award for receiving email from 100 or more DXCC entities via VARA ... VARA  would have many more users . Despite VARA , Ardop, Winmor and Pactor having some utilization in emcomm . these modes seem destined to be niche products in the ham world .

Andy
K3uk

On Jul 6, 2020, at 3:29 PM, Graham <g0nbd@...> wrote:

That's ended well  -

I think the  call  is the  licence ,  and can have  various  -/
all  the  modems and versions  are covered by the  same key,

At over 100 baud, the  non  registered set-up  should
provide adequate , two way chating , pity  , really , after
spending  hours running  dev  versions over the
past years , there  no real use  for the  modem in the UK

A simple chat interface that  links the  500  Hz could  have
various uses  , the  vara  chat still links only to  the  2.4 K
'vara is not a  chat  mode'  to  quote some one  ..

73 -Graham