Re: Time to abandon 14070-14073 ?

Matthew Chambers NR0Q

I agree with Tom, it would be easier with newer radios to leave the suppressed carrier (dial) freq at x.074 and just expand the USB filter wider upwards. With the newest radios using DSP for the receiver bandpass filter, there's no reason we couldn't be looking at 4-6kHz of spectrum on WSJT-X/JTDX at one time and leave x.070-x.074 for more traditional keyboard to keyboard modes.

Matthew Chambers, CBT, NR0Q
Owner/Engineer
M Chambers Communications Engineering LLC
PO BOX 855, Moberly, MO 65270
Mobile (660)415-5620

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:02 AM Tom W7SUA <tom@...> wrote:
Hi Andy,

Other than stray FT8 ( some LSB) down at x73 seems like 70-74 still
seems OK on both 40m and 20m. 14074 to 14080 and above pretty busy lots
of the time. Let FT8/FT4 move up!

73, tom w7sua