Re: New digital mode PS-18 (HF pager) from DXsoft and Radial, or we invented APRS again :-)

On 6/24/2020 12:05 PM, Cliff Fox (KU4GW) wrote:
People already complain about the Automatcally Controlled Digital
Systems like Winlink and nothing has been done about them randomly
transmitting on top of ongoing communications.
Not to defend Winlink, but the so-called "Auto" stations do not transmit
unless queried by a manned station. Which is really more of a semi-auto
with one end being attended and needing to ensure the frequency is clear.

Most of the so called "Automatic" station complaints are really about
the classic hidden terminal case where a station could not hear one end
of a transmission in progress, and thus initiated communication. Happens
a thousand times a day on Voice/CW, so why would we think the digital
modes would automatically have a magic fix?

Don't have a horse in that race, but it is a common misconception.

Have fun,

Alan
KM4BA