Re: Need info on reliable refurbished computer source

Ralph Mowery

I have had good luck buying them off ebay.  Looked at the feedback and found the higher rated ones.  Over the last 10 to 15 years I have bought 5 or 6 and only have 2 that have failed.  They both ran many years and were only turned off to move them around from place to place.

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:42:18 PM EDT, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

I was looking at those “renewed “ desktop PC’s myself . I’ve been using my current desktop for several years but it my be time for an upgrade . I was turned off
many of the reviews I saw on Amazon so will follow this thread and see what information others have about this topic

Andy K3uk

On Jun 4, 2020, at 9:51 AM, Dave Corio via groups.io <k1dje@...> wrote:

Finally have to admit my AMD dual-core and 4G RAM are outdated. Refurbished is the only option available for me right now.

Anyone have first-hand reports of a reliable source? Been checking Amazon primarily, and some of their "renewed" units look good, but not something I've ever delved into. Reviews on the site are pretty well split, and I don't want to get into something that I'll regret.

If it helps, I'm looking for an Intel quad-core with 16G RAM with either integrated or dedicated graphics that will drive two monitors. I do not need all the peripherals such as monitors and keyboard.

Thanks for any assistance!
Dave - K1DJE (ex-KB3MOW)
_.,_