Re: Affecting the use of digital modes... #qrm

You have left out JS8 Matthew. It sits now between FT8 and FT4. de tom w7sua

On 6/1/2020 12:49 PM, Matthew Chambers NR0Q via groups.io wrote:
Impossible for each mode to have a slice, but like-modes like JT65, JT9, FT8, FT4 and WSPR are compatible with each other and could share spectrum, modes like RTTY, Olivia, MT63, and Hell could share all the space above FT8 outside the Winlink subband and keep a 4 kHz slice for narrowband key-board modes like PSK, Thor, Throb, MFSK, etc.
If I were to arrange digital for 20m,
14.000 to 14.070 CW Only
14.070 to 14.074 Narrowband keyboard-keyboard (PSK31, Thor, MFSK, etc)
14.074 to 14.080 JT65, JT9, FT8, FT4, etc
14.080 to 14.095 Wideband keyboard-keyboard (RTTY, Olivia, MT63, etc)
14.095 to 14.112 (minus the DX Beacon window) Winlink Digital
14.112 to 14.150 Wideband keyboard-keyboard
but to me that would make too much sense probably
Matthew Chambers, CBT, NR0Q
Owner/Engineer
*M Chambers Communications Engineering LLC*
PO BOX 855, Moberly, MO 65270
Mobile (660)415-5620
www.mchambersradio.com <http://www.mchambersradio.com/>
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 2:28 PM Chaplain Dave Sparks <dsparks@pobox.com <mailto:dsparks@pobox.com>> wrote:
How feasible is it to allot each new mode their own EXCLUSIVE slice
of spectrum? It seems like we'd eventually run out.
Chaplain Dave Sparks - Callsign: AF6AS
Mailtrack
Sender notified by
Mailtrack
06/01/20, 12:25:58 PM
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:55 AM Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@gmail.com
<mailto:andrewobrie@gmail.com>> wrote:
I don’t think I would call the WSJTX move a “frequency grab”,
especially since the development team requested feedback on the
suggested frequencies . The very nature of FT8 and FT4
operations make clustered operations sensible , it’s like
fishing with a net . However I still like the idea of fishing
with a single pole and hook and thus think we should cast
wherever we feel like it , within the band plan .
Andy K3uk
Andy

On Jun 1, 2020, at 7:21 AM, Tomas, NW7US
<nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com
<mailto:nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com>> wrote:

Please see my two articles regarding an urgent issue involving
all digital modes on HF, including FT8 / FT4.
Part 1: https://g.nw7us.us/3dnf6df
Part 2: https://g.nw7us.us/2yQFGfW
More parts to follow...
Be sure to read the comments left on each post, as there are
great points made in this discussion.

73 de Tomas, NW7US <http://nw7us.us> dit dit

+ https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
+ Space weather and radio propagation
<http://SunSpotWatch.com> editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine
<http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/>, and The Spectrum Monitor
<http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/> magazine.
+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US <https://youtube.com/NW7US>
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter: @NW7US <https://Twitter.com/NW7US> =
https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US): https://fb.me/NW7US
    - Facebook (As Space Weather and Radio Propagation Page):
https://fb.me/spacewx.hfradio
    - Blog: https://blog.nw7us.us

..