Re: Affecting the use of digital modes... #qrm

That is what we had in the "gentleman's agreement." And no, not exclusive. Just that when FT8 or FT4 moves it overwhelms everyone else. Already I am getting FT8 starting at 14071 and 7071 dial stomping on QSOs underway. For quite a while there has been upside down FT8 which I presumed was new users in LSB mode or those using DSB transmitters which is really not polite. Now am seeing upright FT8. ( yes, I run WSJT-X in parallel to fldigi so I can note call signs of LIDS. )

73, tom w7sua

On 6/1/2020 12:27 PM, Chaplain Dave Sparks wrote:
How feasible is it to allot each new mode their own EXCLUSIVE slice of spectrum? It seems like we'd eventually run out.
Chaplain Dave Sparks - Callsign: AF6AS
Mailtrack <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> Sender notified by
Mailtrack <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> 06/01/20, 12:25:58 PM
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:55 AM Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@gmail.com <mailto:andrewobrie@gmail.com>> wrote:
I don’t think I would call the WSJTX move a “frequency grab”,
especially since the development team requested feedback on the
suggested frequencies . The very nature of FT8 and FT4 operations
make clustered operations sensible , it’s like fishing with a net .
However I still like the idea of fishing with a single pole and hook
and thus think we should cast wherever we feel like it , within the
band plan .
Andy K3uk
Andy

On Jun 1, 2020, at 7:21 AM, Tomas, NW7US
<nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com <mailto:nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Please see my two articles regarding an urgent issue involving all
digital modes on HF, including FT8 / FT4.
Part 1: https://g.nw7us.us/3dnf6df
Part 2: https://g.nw7us.us/2yQFGfW
More parts to follow...
Be sure to read the comments left on each post, as there are great
points made in this discussion.

73 de Tomas, NW7US <http://nw7us.us> dit dit

+ https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
+ Space weather and radio propagation
<http://SunSpotWatch.com> editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine
<http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/>, and The Spectrum Monitor
<http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/> magazine.
+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US <https://youtube.com/NW7US>
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter: @NW7US <https://Twitter.com/NW7US> =
https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US): https://fb.me/NW7US
    - Facebook (As Space Weather and Radio Propagation Page):
https://fb.me/spacewx.hfradio
    - Blog: https://blog.nw7us.us

..