Re: Affecting the use of digital modes... #qrm

I do not remember the WSJT-X team asking on any of the non WSJT-X forums Andy. Like the Olivia and Contestia groups or the JS8 groups.

Yes, we can operate where ever but 1) most of the modes have common calling frequencies or watering holes, and 2) one is not likely to get an answer to a CQ away from where others expect to find the mode.

73, tom w7sua

On 6/1/2020 9:55 AM, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
I don’t think I would call the WSJTX move a “frequency grab”, especially since the development team requested feedback on the suggested frequencies . The very nature of FT8 and FT4 operations make clustered operations sensible , it’s like fishing with a net . However I still like the idea of fishing with a single pole and hook and thus think we should cast wherever we feel like it , within the band plan .
Andy K3uk
Andy

On Jun 1, 2020, at 7:21 AM, Tomas, NW7US <nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com> wrote:

Please see my two articles regarding an urgent issue involving all digital modes on HF, including FT8 / FT4.
Part 1: https://g.nw7us.us/3dnf6df
Part 2: https://g.nw7us.us/2yQFGfW
More parts to follow...
Be sure to read the comments left on each post, as there are great points made in this discussion.

73 de Tomas, NW7US <http://nw7us.us> dit dit

+ https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
+ Space weather and radio propagation <http://SunSpotWatch.com> editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine <http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/>, and The Spectrum Monitor <http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/> magazine.
+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US <https://youtube.com/NW7US>
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter: @NW7US <https://Twitter.com/NW7US> = https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US): https://fb.me/NW7US