Re: Virtual Comport Software

Wa4kfz

Check out west mountain radio (rigblasters) at their download page. They have a utility called WMR device diagnostic utility that contains a COMport splitter. Not sure if it will work in your application but worth looking into.

73,
Mark wa4kfz

On Apr 22, 2020, at 9:33 PM, Neil Radicic <neil.radicic@...> wrote:

Andy,

I looked at that and agree it could be a good free option - the one potential issue I saw though is the statement:

Warning

VSP Manager - WILL NOT split ports. That means only one program can talk to the radio (or other program) at a time. If you need to split ports (which is a bad idea) then you need a different piece of software like VSPE or Eltima.

I ended up needing split port function for a couple of gateway operating scenarios (which wasn't a bad idea if you know what you are doing) so VSPE 64bit ended up being a good choice for me.

Neil
KD7UHR