#RTTY RTTY Not Dead Yet #RTTY

Andrew OBrien

I dabbled in the WAE RTTY contest this weekend, first RTTY contest in a couple of years.  What surprised me was how effective decode was on quite weak signals.  Using just 100 watts with homemade antennas almost everyone I heard also heard me with hardly any repeats.  I was only doing  S&P but did successfully initiate contact with some fairly weak stations in Europe and Asia .  It seemed MUCH more efficient than contesting with FT4 or FT8, much higher Q-rates.  Seems the demise of RTTY is not with us yet.