Re: IS this Pactor 3 I have decoded ? #Pactor

Jeremy Allen

I know I'm late, but that's P3, specifically Speed level 1 and a few SL2's in there.  You can see it's SL1 with the 2 tones.

As far as compression, the modems have built in PMC or Huffman compression that can be applied to the data stream in K-K or BBS QSO's.  In Winlink these are suppressed and the software uses B2F compression and the modem just transmits the 8-bit data without additional compression.

Most K-K is on 40 or 20M, but I guess some folks are on 80M as well.
--
73 DE N1ZZZ