Dealing with FT8 interference on 20m #FT8 #qrm #lsb #20m

Sholto Fisher

This probably has occurred to others but I’ve found that tuning to 14.074 LSB gives me a better shot at hearing digital signals as the FT8 crowd are kept at bay by opposite sideband suppression in my rig.

I run an IC-718 with no filters so maybe you guys with your Elecraft, FTDXs and Flex radios don’t need it!

You just need to remember to invert your signal in the software. Some modes such as PSK31, Packet, and Feld Hell don’t need it but others like MFSK and Olivia do.

73

Sholto

K7TMG

Sent from Mail for Windows 10