Re: Es'Hail 2 (Oscar 100) GEO Sat available for digital mode testing. #PSK31 #VARA

Tony

Bernard:

I’ve been decoding several different modes via the web SDR receiver over the last few days. There was some slow scan tv this morning as well as FT8.

I suspect any mode should work since there’s likely to be little Doppler with the geostationary satellite. I had many digital mode QSOs on AO-40 when the satellite was near apogee where the Doppler was tolerable, but the AFC still had to work hard.

It would be interesting to see how well it does with the modes you mentioned.

Tony -K2MO

On Feb 19, 2019, at 5:43 PM, KC9SGV <kc9sgv@...> wrote:

Hi All,
The Es'Hail 2 (Oscar 100) geostationary commercial satellite with ham radio transponders is now operational.
Parked at 26 deg east, so below the horizon for the U.S.A. and Canada, but good for Europe and Africa.
It might be possible to to do any digital link test trough this satellite.
Of particular interest to me is whether ARQ modes like ARDOP and VARA will be able to establish and hold a connection.
The 250 KHz narrow band transponder is the non-inverting bent pipe type.
2.4 Ghz uplink.
10.4 Ghz downlink
Hardware solutions are on the web.
24/7/365 connectivity.

Listen to ongoing CW and SSB QSO's here:
Use the mobile version for IPad and smart phone.
Start the audio.
Move the waterfall.

https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/

Bernard,