Re: Ten Meter Meteor Scatter Video #10M Meteor Scatter Video JT9-Fast Modes #10m

Tony

Amos:

> You are showing JT9-G mode. I am using WSJT-X v2.0.0 but can't find it. How?

Go to Files / Settings / General and select Enable VHF/UHF Microwave Features. Check the FAST box on the main window to enable the JT-9 fast modes then check sub-mode G. Change the TX/RX stetting from 60 seconds to 15 seconds.

> How do I get meteor scatter QSO? Do I have to arrange a meeting with somebody?

Most meteor scatter QSO's are made online using live sked pages like Ping Jockey https://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk while some are made at random. This video shows that you can make random contacts without skeds by monitoring the calling frequencies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZZj1HUJIY

I'm not sure which sked page is used in your region Amos -- I'll poke around and see what I can find. Keep in mind that the majority of meteor scatter activity is located in the U.S. and Europe on 6 and 2 meters using MSK144. Maximum range is 1,300 miles.

You can check which stations are in range of your QTH with PSK Reporter. Do a search for 6 meters and the MSK144 mode. https://www.pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

Tony -K2MO

On 12/21/2018 10:44 AM, asobel@... wrote:
Tony
1. You are showing JT9-G mode. I am using WSJT-X v2.0.0 but can't find it. How?
2. How do I get meteor scatter QSO? Do I have to arrange a meeting with somebody?

Amos 4X4MF