Re: 10 Meter FM Data USA Par97 limitations ?. #Intro

Ev Tupis

Sure, Trevor.  Set your mode switch to SSB and operate 1200 baud packet in the USA data sub-bands (not the voice sub-bands).  Perfectly legal.

In the early days of the PropNET project, we used this approach to fantastic success (in fact, the speed of the transmission allowed occasional meteor scatter...despite those that predicted otherwise).

Cheers,
Ev, W2EV

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, 6:55:31 AM EST, AKA via Groups.Io <m5aka@...> wrote:

Ev, could you clarify what you mean when you say - "SSB-based" data transmission is allowed, however.
Are you suggesting "SSB-based" data modes are permitted in the phone bands??

My interpretation of Part 97 is that Data modes in 10m are only permitted between 28.000 and 28.300 MHz and are subject to a 1200 baud symbol rate restriction.

73 Trevor M5AKA

On Sunday, 4 November 2018, 11:42:50 GMT, Ev Tupis via Groups.Io <w2ev@...> wrote:

In a nutshell...

There is no US allocation on the 10 meter band within which DATA and FM is concurrent.

"SSB-based" data transmission is allowed, however.

Ev, W2EV

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, 6:35:29 AM EST, Ev Tupis via Groups.Io <w2ev@...> wrote:

On Saturday, November 3, 2018, 5:28:10 PM EDT, Graham <g0nbd@...> wrote:

Can someone clarify the position on sending   data using FM on 10 meters , inside USA

used to be  1200 packet on 29.250 , using FM , many moons ago  in Europe , rest of world
but, is data allowed  at that end of the band in the part97

Are there limits for FM data on the band,  300 baud still apply ? Inside data segment ?
Max b/with ?

Tnx  Graham
G0nbd