Re: FT8 in MixW 4

Andrew O'Brien

Thanks for the info Pat.
Andy

On Sep 24, 2018, at 9:34 AM, ON2AD Pat <ON2AD.Pat@...> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Hi Guy, G4DWV 4X1LT

MixW2 and 3 work very well and are unfortunately no longer in development.
It has been decided to create a different environment for MixW4 and, at first, it sometimes looked strange.

Colin, 2E0BPP and me, ON2AD have made various comments and sugestions from the first non-public version to the developers of MixW4. And they are also held back.

The latest comments and sugestions I sent to the developers after the MixW4-1.0.5 version has not yet been processed and dated 30 Apr 2018 and consists of some 200 lines.

In the meantime, we started writing the manuals that have already been mentioned in the MixW Yahoogroup.

There are now three manuals in circulation
1. English version by Colin, 2E0BPP
2. Dutch version by Pat, ON2AD (myself)
3. German-language version by Rudolf, DL3AYJ

A big problem is and remains that before you use something, you have to go through the manuals.
Personally, I do not like it either, they are too boring, long-threaded and sometimes too complicated. Like saying I do not like it either but sometimes it is a necessity.

We hope that we will get an update soon because now it has been "windless" for a long time.

Guy, I hope you do not take this personally because this is not my intention of this writing. I respect your opinion.

73 de Pat ON2AD

PS: Sorry for my bad English and type errors