Re: ARQ HF Path Simulations; Success!

Andrew O'Brien

Great news .. my predictions are that under tough conditions ARDOP fairs slightly better . Under good conditions VARA wins easily .

Andy K3UK.

On Mar 13, 2018, at 8:29 PM, Tony <DXDX@optonline.net> wrote:

All:

After much experimentation, I am now able to run HF path simulations with Vara, ARDOP and other ARQ modes. The setup consists of 2 PC's along with VAC to route the audio between the path simulator and various digital mode apps. Transformers on all cables eliminated a mild ground loop issue which made for an very clean signal.

There are some limitations to this setup due to VAC latency: I managed to work around it for now. I'm currently gathering some preliminary data which I'll post ASAP.