Shortwave Radiogram, 11 Mar 2018

Ron

Hi Kim,

Good experiment with the image sent normal and half speed.  The second show at 2330 UTC reception, S30 was much better than at 2030 UTC show S5 here near Philadelphia.  Here are the two images.  I used audacity to record the show and then increased the speed to decode the 2nd image.  While receiving the second image at 1/2 the speed I noticed the signal was down at 750 Hz from 1500 Hz on the waterfall.  I think this is because the speed of the transmission was cut in half and that changed the frequency of the audio 1/2.

Image sent normal speed         Image sent 1/2 speed

So the image seemed to improve with the reduction in speed.  Thanks that was fun.

73, Ron NY3J