Re: Monitoring VARA

M5AKA

I feel it unlikely FCC would take a dim view of someone fully complying with the Part 97 ID requirement.

In your earlier post you can the impression CW IDs were "legal" requirements, they are not.

But if someone really wants to add an extra ID in CW to all their digital transmissions then they can, even though it in unnecessary.

73 Trevor M5AKA

On Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 15:55, Sholto Fisher <sholto.fisher@...> wrote:

Hi Trevor,

I'm aware that IDs can be done in the mode itself but if there's no way of monitoring the ID I'm sure the FCC would take a dim view of it.
After all what's the point of an ID if there is no ready method to observe it? Shouldn't be a problem though if there's going to be a CW ID in the software.

Going back to Andy's point, during long Pactor message transfers (like a WX fax) does the Winlink software ID every 10 minutes for both the RMS and client? I always assumed it did but now I'm not sure.

I'm fairly sure it does in WinMOR.

73

Sholto
K7TMG