Re: SDR QRP Transceiver with built-in FreeDV

Tony

On 10/7/2017 12:41 PM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

I don’t understand spoken English but it seems quite clear and comprehensive (except for me ☺). The CODEC is free and has very good performance, the necessary bandwidth being reasonable (less than 3 KHz).

Patrick:

I agree -- David Rowe has done a wonderful job given the 1.2 kHz bandwidth. It may sound a bit 'robotic' and decoding can sometimes be susceptible to audio artifacts if the mic levels aren't set correctly, but the performance is good.

Good to hear from you.