Re: FT8 Mode: 20M activity

Richard Berry

Posted this days ago and it hasn't shown up yet so will try again:

1) Running FT-8, when I double-click on a station calling CQ, WSJT-X frequently starts transmitting immediately instead of waiting for the next transmit window.  Is this normal?  Is it because there's still enough time left for a possible decode on the receiving side?  I also notice it often takes multiple answers to a CQ to get a response.

2) WSJT-X 1.8 loses my audio settings periodically ... they still appear correct in the settings but it isn't using them, it's outputting transmit audio to my speakers instead of the radio.  I have to change the settings to other devices then change them back to get the settings back correctly.  A friend has exactly this same issue.

Dick
KF5SA