TS-Family Resources Page: August 2017 Update

Ian_Wade_G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>

TS-Family Resources Page: August 2017 Update

***** TS-590 Family Resources Page: http://g3nrw.net/TS-590

*Updates this month*:

* _TS-590SG DOCUMENTATION_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=30>: TS-590SG
Instruction Manual (MP3) version for visually impaired
users, TS-590SG Service Manual.

* _TS-590S DOCUMENTATION_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=28>: TS-590SG
Instruction Manual (MP3 and plain text) versions for
visually impaired users.

* HOWTOs_ <http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=256>:
“HOWTO set up FreeDV with the Kenwood TS590” (Lou,
VK3ALB), “TS 590SG Panadapter with the SDRplay RSP”. Also,
at the top of the HOWTOs page, there is a new Menu
Conversion Table, listing all the Menu numbers for the
TS-590SG alongside the equivalent numbers for the TS-590S.
This should make it easier to use HOWTOs written for one
radio, where you happen to have the other.

* _GENERAL TECHNOTES_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=371>: “Grounding and
Bonding for the Little Pistol and Medium Gun” (a
must-watch presentation from Ward Silver N0AX at
Hamvention 2017).

* _USEFUL TOOLS_ <http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=377>:
Windows XP Security Update (a rare occurrence).

* _Digital Communications Software_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=323>: WSJT-X Release
Candidate 1.8.0-rc1 (incorporating FT8 mode for the first
time).

There are also two new Resources Page sections this month that
should be useful when considering buying a used TS-590:

* _TS-590SG SERIAL NUMBERS_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=1462>: The serial
number codes for each year and month of manufacture of the
TS-590SG, together with a number of issues to look out for
when buying a used TS-590SG.

* _TS-590S SERIAL NUMBERS_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=1451>: The serial
number codes for each year and month of manufacture of the
TS-590S, together with a number of issues to look out for
when buying a used TS-590S.

By the way, I occasionally receive emails asking me for
current secondhand prices for TS-590s. I really have no idea,
particularly for radios outside the UK, so the best place to
ask is in one or both of the _TS-590 Yahoo Groups_
<http://www.g3nrw.net/TS-590/?page_id=389>.

Finally, as ever, I welcome any new links to documents, slide
presentations, YouTube videos, hardware, software etc. that
will be of interest to TS-590SG and TS-590S owners, for
posting on the TS-590 Family Resources Page. Also, let me know
of files you have posted to the “Files” section on the two
reflectors, and I will be happy to add links to them on the
Resources Page.

Ian, G3NRW
g3nrw@...

***** TS-590 Family Resources Page: http://g3nrw.net/TS-590