From: Chaplain Dave Sparks
To: digitalradio@...
Sent: Monday, September 2, 2013 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: 80m used for trials of 24 kHz B/W data

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Frank A. Ellis <w3uhf@...> wrote:

Ralph,

You are correct, but I'm not confused. When I used the term AFSK I was referring to the commonly used method of generating RTTY using audio tones fed into the input of an SSB transmitter, to distinguish it from FSK generation accomplished by pulling the VFO with a control voltage.

73 Frank W3UHF

If you choose to define it that way, fine, but I maintain that for all practical purposes the actual RF output is indistinguishable (minus a few inevitable but largely imperceptible artifacts). But if you define a mode by how it is produced rather than what actually exists on the airwaves, then would sound-card produced "CW" be permissible on CW-only subbands?

--
Chaplain Dave Sparks - AF6AS