From: "Gary - G4WGT"
To: digitalradio@...
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:02:28 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Packet Program for Windows 7 Starter

Rod,

In Windows 7 go to.....Control panel....System....Device manager....double click "Ports (com & lpt)"...right click the port you want to change.....click "Properties"....then "Port settings" tab & you will see a "Change port number" button.

Cheers, Gary - G4WGT.

On 23 November 2011 22:58, RodneyK <kc7cjo@...> wrote:

Folks,then

I'm trying to locate a program to run basic Packet using my MFJ-1270C TNC & my Netbook.

So far I've tried Picture Packet, Winpak, & Outpost, none of which will work.

Winpack is the only one that will actually open up, but it only has 4 different comports to choose from (1 - 4) and the comports on my Netbook number 6,7,8.

Is there a way to change the way the Netbook see's the USB ports?

Or is there anyone using a similar set up?

I'd really like to use this Netbook for Packet as it's a real hand little device for doing so!

Thanks!

Rod
KC7CJO