While reading the article below I was stuck by the fact that an Amateur Radio Innovation Competition had only received one entry. This perhaps indicates that Amateur Radio innovators are in short supply at the moment!

From: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/july2010/innovation_in_ar.htm
----
The South African Amateur Radio Development Trust has thus far received one entry in the Innovation in Amateur Radio Competition from an Amateur in the UK.

Radio amateurs and technologists are invited to submit projects that will innovate amateur radio whether it is software, amateur radio and the Internet, the development of compact HF antennas for flat and complex dwellers or innovation in Emergency Communications.
----

73 Trevor M5AKA